Middle school is a crucial formative stage for students to gain basic mathematical concepts that support the understanding of concepts in advanced levels of mathematics. As such, students require the best resources for middle school to study critical concepts in a manner that best appeals to their interests.
It is thus crucial that teachers get fun math books for middle school to ensure an exciting and pleasurable study experience for their students. Read on for some suggestions on the best math books for middle school and the criteria to guide your selection of maths resources.
How can I find math books for middle school?
Finding a math book may at first seem like an easy task. However, although the market brims with math books for middle school, not every book fits the bill for a good book for middle schoolers.
Some of the key factors to consider when selecting a textbook for middle school math include:
- Scope and sequence
Before selecting a middle school math book, ensure that it adheres to the objectives outlined in the curriculum and that it can be divided into sections that build upon each other running from general to specific concepts.
Ideally, the book should follow the order of your recommended coursebook and offer multiple aids to build on the ideas your middle schooler will encounter in the course of study.
- Content accuracy
The best middle school math books should contain factual information free of fallacies and representations that could mislead your learner. It would be best to err on the side of caution and settle for books that have undergone review by experts and gained accreditation by curriculum experts as a teaching resource.
- Instructional design
A good math book for middle schoolers should include elements that induce learner engagement and stimulate a learner’s concentration. The book should also comprise illustrations that break down complex ideas into simplified bits.
- Text clarity
Learning resources for middle schoolers should be easy to read and structured logically. The text should include simple examples that students can solve and illustrations that help them make mental images of various ideas.
- Child’s age and maturity
Preferably, settle for a book that suits your learner’s interest and maturity. The resources should include suitable characters and illustrations that meet their interests. Avoid text without various aids as it can be tedious for your learners to follow and boring.
- Level of difficulty
The exercises in middle school textbooks should be within a learner’s capacity and straightforwardly test the learned concepts.
Great math books for middle school
Although multiple resources are at your disposal, picking the first book to cross your sight is not a great approach for selecting math books for middle school. Some of the books to consider in your middle school math books shopping list include:
Math books for 7th graders
- 7th Grade Common Core Math: Daily Practice Workbook – Part 2
- Introducing MATH! Grade 7 by ArgoPrep
- 7th Grade Common Core Math: Daily Practice Workbook – Part 1
- Spectrum Math Workbook
- McGraw-Hill Education Math Grade 7, Second Edition
- 7th Grade Math Workbook: Common Core Math Workbook
- Mastering Essential Math Skills: 20 Minutes a Day to Success, Book 2: Middle Grades/High School
- Student Interactive Worktext Grade 7 2018 (Go Math! StA)
- Seventh-Grade Math Minutes: One Hundred Minutes to Better Basic Skills
- Summer Bridge Activities 6-7 Workbooks
Math books for middle school
- The Complete Guide To Middle School Math Book Grades 6-8: Pre-Algebra
- Competition Math for Middle School
- Everything You Need to Ace Math in One Big Fat Notebook: The Complete Middle School Study Guide (Big Fat Notebooks)
- Math Olympiad Contest Problems for Elementary and Middle Schools, Vol. 1
- Math Practice Workbook Grades 6-8: 1000+ Questions You Need to Kill in Middle School by Brain Hunter Prep